Posted by: Robert Westervelt
when relevant content is
added and updated.
The folks at endpoint security vendor Bit9 Inc. of Cambridge, Mass., released their list of top vulnerable applications for 2007. Most of the apps on the list can be downloaded by users and many have updates making them more secure. We’ll probably see a number of security vendors come out with lists like this in the next couple of months.
- Yahoo! Messenger 18.104.22.168 and earlier
- Apple QuickTime 7.2
- Mozilla Firefox 22.214.171.124
- Microsoft Windows Live (MSN) Messenger 7.0, 8.0
- EMC VMware Player (and other products) 2.0, 1.0.4
- Apple iTunes 7.3.2
- Intuit QuickBooks Online Edition 9 and earlier
- Sun Java Runtime 1.6.0_X
- Yahoo! Widgets 4.0.5 and previous
- Ask.com Toolbar 126.96.36.199 and previous