I had a customer who was moving their servers into a new Data center from another location which required changing the IP addresses of the servers. One problem was their main LOB was a Sybase 9.0 server and I had no clue if it would effect it or not that was something the customer didn’t check out with their vendor. When we got it moved to the new site 35 miles away from the old location sure enough when I turn the service for the database from disabled to automatic and tried to start the database it was no go. Did a quick check on the web and everything I found referred to a txt file of some kind so I went digging in the Sybase Central under Adaptive Server Anywhere 9 and then services I found under the databases. I think right clicked and properties and under configuration and Parameters it referred to a dbsrvcfg.txt file. Went looking for this and found it had the old IP of the server here changed this rebooted the server and away we went. Then it was a fun drive home as we had a blizzard going on outside which turned my 1 and a half hour drive home into a 3 and a half hour drive home. We had a plan in advance but the weather had other ideas.
Til later just Roger