Have you dreamt of becoming your own boss? Tempted by the fat rates a good independent consultant can command? You're not alone, that's for sure — consulting remains one of the hottest career-related topics on the site year after year. The most common question is the obvious one: "How do I break into consulting?", usually followed by: "How do I ensure success?"
Well, we decided to address these questions once and for all. In these two new special reports, we get the advice from veteran SAP career guru Jon Reed from SAPtips.com as well as research analyst Bill Scheer from Kennedy Information, Inc.
The topics of the first report, simply entitled: Breaking into SAP consulting, include:
- How much experience you need before you're ready to make the leap.
- Mapping your current skillset to your chosen niche.
- Identifying and getting on track towards the Next Big Thing.
- Dealing with offshore outsourcing.
- How to best capitalize on the upcoming R/3 4.6C to mySAP ERP migration wave.
Of course, there's more to successful consulting than this. That's why we have a companion piece entitled: Tips and tricks for SAP consulting success. This report covers issues like:
- Picking the "right" projects — looking beyond monetary compensation.
- Self-promotion and networking.
- The pros and cons of getting gigs through intermediaries.
- Recognizing your limitations and avoiding biting off more than you can chew.
- The benefits of partnering with an offshore firm.