A new report from Aberdeen Research discovered that best-in-class process manufacturers tend to take specific approaches to their ERP strategy by deploying:
- ERP that provides integrated order entry, procurement, planning and production, and financial management.
- CRM, logistics, and delivery management systems integrated with manufacturing operations [themselves owned by ERP].
- Forward and backward traceability.
- Attribute-based rules and routing.
- Supplier compliance and collaboration.
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM).
Being a good process manufacturer isn’t as simple as your ERP strategy, but the best process manufacturers do indeed have a recognizable approach to ERP characterized by the action points above.
Aberdeen adds that sound business process discipline, knowledge management, performance management, and reporting (e.g. for regulatory reasons) also characterize best-in-class process manufacturers.
SAP was one of the Aberdeen report’s sponsors.
Demir Barlas, Site Editor