Jon Reed, who serves as a site expert on SAP careers for SearchSAP.com, is interviewed about the state of the SAP job market. Reed is the author of the SAP Consultant Handbook and is the Vice President of SAPtips, an online publication and services firm that focuses on optimizing the SAP software investment.
Download the podcast here.
- (2:40) SearchSAP.com Site Expert Jon Reed: Reed handles career related questions from our readers. He has been publishing career related analysis for more than a decade.
- (3:10) Reed provides an overview of the job market changes over the last five years.
- (4:52) Reed outlines the latest trends driving the market.
- (5:51) How are Web services and service oriented architectures driving the job market?
- (7:40) The outsourcing of ABAP: The death of ABAP is premature, according to Reed.
- (9:33) Regulatory compliance and security skills: Where do the skills fit into your resume?
- (11:40) SAP CRM Ondemand and Software-as-a-service: Is it something to pay attention to?
- (13:41) RFID, supply chain and sensor technology: Are companies holding back on investments?