Posted by: MikeLaverick
when relevant content is
added and updated.
OK. This is shameless re-post because I’m concerned folks might have missed it!
That’s right. Not awards to OEMs, ISV or vendors. But awards for people like you. People like who do a tireless job year-in, year-out for the businesses. Yes, awards for them!
Here’s how it will work. You will submit a project you have been closely involved in. There are 6 categories to be entered.
- Best virtualisation and server consolidation project
- Best virtualisation for disaster recovery project
- Best remote-office/home-office deployment
- Best private cloud computing project
- Best desktop virtualisation project
- Best of show (judges’ choice; optional category based on number of entrants)
And the submissions will be measured by this criteria…
- Overall innovation
- Improving system performance
- Reducing costs
- Improving management capabilities
- New use in the marketplace
- Improving overall business process/efficiencies
I will be involved in the judging along side other luminaries within the virtualization community…
The deadline for submission is Sept. 17, 2010. Do not submit your project for more than one category. Award winners will be announced during the VMworld Europe 2010 show in Copenhagen, Denmark, Oct. 12-14, 2010. The entry form is over here:
So that’s just under a month. Enough time to get your submission in, and who know polish up that very long acceptance speech where you thank your Mum, Your Dad, the Dog and the 8086 CPU for all they have done for you…