Posted by: Jaideep Khanduja
developer, project management, SDLC, software, software deployment, software design, software qa, software quality, software quality assurance, software requirement, Software testers, software testing, softwaretesting, STLC, tester
‘Create’ means the first time effort to generate a harmony between a tester and a developer working on the same project. ‘Build’ is the next stage after create to harmonize the professional relationship between a tester and developer. This step will bring the strength in the relationship. ‘Maintain’ is not only the sustenance of this healthy relationship which can be termed as ‘sweet’ harmony, but also calls for an effort from both ends to ‘keep on improving’ this bonding. To create, build and maintain an everlasting harmony between the testers and developers, here are some tips:
1. Share: Sharing is a two way process. Both the sides need to share equally, transparently and openly. The development team needs to share the customer requirements, business rules, relevant documents, design plan, coding, system built. On the other hand the tester needs to share his observations on all these, and the results of his testing. Share problems, thoughts and success together.
2. Raise an Alarm: Tester and developer require raising an alarm in case of any shortfall in above sharing required from both ends. Developer also needs to raise an alarm in case of inadequate testing or if testing is getting delayed due to any reason.
3. Act Jointly: Tester should sit with the developers while they are on job i.e. designing system, and similarly developer whose product is being tested preferably should sit with the tester while he is testing the product. This support will not only strengthen the process and product but will make it more secured.
4. Avoid Protectionism: On the work front, be it of a developer or a tester, it is important to prevent the spread of protectionism and to promote transparency or openness across the organization. If this is not handled properly, it may lead to depression and incoherence across.
5. Accept Framework: Accept each other’s work framework and respect it by heart.
6. Resolve crisis: In case of any crisis on any front leading to adverse effect on the project, take all necessary measures jointly, timely in a coordinated manner. Be more than willing to act in this regard.
7. Tester is a bridge: Tester is a bridge between developer and customer for the purpose of smooth and defect free delivery of product to the customer.
8. Be a great contributor: To achieve great success, be a great contributor in your respective fronts.
9. Encourage: Encourage each other.
10. Remember: Always remember that you have joined hands to achieve a common goal. A good harmony always brings in the ‘success’