Posted by: Jaideep Khanduja
Cloud Technology, project management, project manager
1. Study the Industry: If it is decided that the organization for adaption of cloud technology, it becomes important to learn most commonly practiced data security controls in local and global environment.
2. Understanding of best practices in a newer technology is as important as knowing about the area where you are planning to buy a house. Be assured that you have enough knowledge about your business requirements and the best practices available in the arena for an effective data security strategy.
3. While learning about the global standards and practices, ensure that you have ample number of case studies, specially related to your industry to understand the key challenges that were faced by them while they were implementing data security strategy.
4. Selecting a vendor is a tough call in such cases. You need to select the best of the available vendors providing such services in terms of established one having minimal failure rate and higher rate of success in deployment/ serving. Also check the leaders in this field.
5. All said and done, having techies within the organization who understand the technology architecture and solutions for data security is again a must. External agencies can support and deploy to whatever extent, having someone at home who understands the crux is essential.