Five Lessons For Project Manager From Robert Kaplan Latest Book What To Ask The Person In The Mirror
Recently read a good book from Robert S. Kaplan titled as What To Ask The Person In The Mirror. Robert Kaplan is well known as co-creator of the Balanced Scorecard. Formerly he was vice chairman of Goldman Sachs. In this book he has raised some genuine concerns related to Leadership like – Why focus is important for leaders? Is it possible to create leaders or it is only born leaders? How leaders cope up with setback? What all changes happen with moving one step up on the ladder of growth and success?
A deep introspection is required for a leader, as per Kaplan in a way that when a leader stands in front of a mirror, he must ask some basic fundamental questions from himself. Robert S Kaplan teaches in Harvard University in the field of management practice. Kaplan states that leaders have a very good quality of posing confident all the time even if they are not sure about the situation at times. What lessons can a Project Manager (Knowing that a project manager has to be a great leader) get from Robert S Kaplan based on his latest book What To Ask The Person In The Mirror, let us take a note of them as below:
1. There is a great relationship between Project Management and Being Focused.
2. Leadership qualities can be inculcated in a project manager by means of adopting few important
3. A good project manager has to be a good actor too, especially at the time of crisis.
4. A good project manager becomes expert over a period of time on getting out of state of confusion
quicker than others.
5. A good project manager when not sure about their decisions, takes a call based on their inner