Due to recession, there is scarcity of business and projects for software organizations. In such a situation, the projects in hand (and the forthcoming ones) have to be handled very carefully for a win-win situation. To attain that, there are certain smart weapons that a project manager needs to be equipped with which will not only make him and his organization a winner but would definitely have an edge over the competitors to acquire more projects. The weapons are well tested based on experience, knowledge and wisdom.
The 20 most powerful and smart weapons can be listed as:
2. Be Sincere and frank in your meetings of all levels
3. Maintain and demonstrate a sense of mission
4. Work hand in hand with your peers – quality manager, development manager etc.
5. Be convinced of the trust between your product and quality
6. Let your team feel the weight of responsibility
7. Plan your course of action on all issues to avoid a crisis
8. Listened attentively to every word of your customer demonstrating great sincerity towards product and customer
9. Have strong interest in quality issues
10. Be highly knowledgeable about your product
11. Your Product and Quality (with your technological prowess and their quality strengths) must work together
12. Higher is the rate of dependence on Quality, higher is the success rate
13. To avoid major problems never leave a problem unresolved for tomorrow
14. Thinking, Innovation, Brainstorming are good tools if used regularly
15. Always have common awareness of all issues, so that your discussions are of highly substantive in nature
16. Be a linchpin (A central cohesive source of support and stability)
17. Consider customer requirements as “cornerstone” throughout the project. (The fundamental assumptions from which something is begun or developed or calculated or explained)
18. Build a culture of putting fullest sincere effort by everyone in the team(s) (vertical and horizontal).
19. Maintain a continuous gently-ascending approach (act of changing in an upward direction)
20. As a bearer of the highest level of responsibility reaffirm your determination to safeguard the organizational interest and ensure the best of the results