My current employer is about to participate in a beta test for HP’s QuickTest Professional 10 release, also known as “Atlantis”. This release was demo’ed at HP’s Software Universe expo this summer. I did not attend this event, but from what I have read, it has some long-awaited features.
Tighter integration with Quality Center 10
- Check-In/Check-Out, at the user level
- Versioning, single resource, multiple folders and project-wide
- View OR’s, datatables, and library code from QC
- Dependency visibility and warnings
- Automatic path tracking when moving resources
- Shared OR user information
QuickTest Pro Features
- Traceability to a line of code in an action script
- Export to Word, PDF, or through XSL
- Include Windows Performance Monitor data, related to test steps
- Include bitmap attachments
- Improved autocomplete and intellisense
- Tasks and Comments pane
- Code-zone identifiers – blocks of code like ‘If…Then’ marked with blue lines
- Custom toolbars
- Enhanced bitmap checkpoints
- Local copy of test includes linked resources
- Load external actions without previously associating them
We don’t yet have Quality Center 10, so I will also be interested in the beta version’s integration with previous versions of QC. And the ease of converting/migrating scripts and resources from previous versions of QTP.
I will post future articles about this beta test as it progresses.