Chapters 10 and 11 have been added to the PowerShell and WMI early access release – www.manning.com/siddaway2
Chapter 10 is about printers and it covers:
- discovering printer configurations;
- testing printer status;
- discovering and comparing printer drivers;
- managing printers;
- administering print jobs; and
- testing printers.
Chapter 11 dives into the details of networking:
- discovering network adapters and their configuration;
- discovering active protocols;
- configuring static IP addresses and other TCP/IP settings;
- enabling DHCP on the adapter;
- managing DNS and WINS settings in the TCP/IP properties; and
- displaying the IPv4 routing table.
The code for these and all earlier chapters is available for download.
In Chapter 12, we will look at managing IIS.