Posted by: Margaret Rouse
Gartner issued predictions highlighting ten areas of technology that could cause a company to lose its competitive edge if ignored. Does your crystal ball measure up? Take the quiz and find out.
1) Gartner predicts that by 2011, this company will double its U.S. and Western Europe unit market share in computers.
2) By the year 2012, what percentage of traveling workers does Gartner predict will leave their laptops at home?
3) By 2012, Gartner thinks that 80% of all commercial software will include elements of this kind of technology.
4) By the year 2012, early technology adopters will purchase __________ of their IT infrastructure as a service, according to Gartner.
5) By 2009, Gartner predicts that more than 1/3 of IT organizations will list this as one of their top-six buying criteria for IT-related goods.
a. energy efficiency
c. solid-state memory
6) By the year 2012, what percentage of organizations does Gartner predict will use full life cycle energy and CO2 footprint as mandatory hardware buying criteria?
7) Gartner predicts that suppliers to large global enterprises will need to prove their green credentials with this in order to retain preferred supplier status.
a. a government-issued certification
b. an audit
c. an EnergyStar sticker
8 ) According to Gartner, by 2010 __________ will determine as much as half of all software, hardware and services acquisitions made by IT.
b. VARs and resellers
c. Google and
9) Say bye-bye to EULA. By the year 2012, what percentage of business application software spending does Gartner say will be subscription-based?
10) This one may surprise you. Gartner predicts the number of this hardware device in homes and businesses will grow 100-fold over 2006 levels.
b. IP TV
c. 3-D printer