|DIRECTIONS: These are real statements from real people discussing real technology. We’ve removed one word from each quote. Can you still figure out what they’re talking about? Click on the link to see if you’re right!|
1. Google’s announcement of the new __________ smartphone platform had less substance than a fashion show at a nudist colony. What is Mitch Wagner talking about?
2. Well, this is one of the great blessings of the modern age, being always __________. Or maybe it’s not. I’m not sure. What is Rudy Guilani talking about?
3. If iRobot had made a 4-foot-tall __________ with a face and a hand to hold a vacuum hose, the company wouldn’t have sold more than ten units. What is Lance Ulanoff talking about?
4. __________ is currently defending itself in federal court from allegations that it installed, on behalf of the National Security Agency, secret internet spying rooms in its domestic internet switching facilities. What is Ryan Singel talking about?
5. This morning I received a message from TechTarget telling me that SearchWebServices.com is renaming itself to Search_________.com. What is Frank Cohen talking about?
6. Netscape abandoning the _______ news model could be looked at as 1) the first signs of the format’s demise, or more likely 2) a return to less risk-taking at AOL as it struggles to define itself under new management. What is Adario Strange talking about?
7. Among a fringe community of paranoids, __________ serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. What is Ali Rahimi talking about?
8. According to the IBM Institute for Business Value, the next 5 years will hold more change for the __________ industry than the previous 50 did. What is the IBM report talking about?
9. Vilfredo Pareto was an economist who is widely credited for coming up with the Pareto Principle, more commonly known as the __________ rule. What are we talking about?
10. Police will be able to use a __________ system to disable a criminal’s vehicle, just like the tripods used in Spielberg’s War of the Worlds. What is Margaret Rouse talking about?