Many of our customers and prospects ask us to explain how and why SaaS is a better choice over in-house or device-based support products. My quick answer is to quote one of our customers: “With SaaS, we don’t need to worry about ‘supporting the support’ solution.”
There are many reasons to go the SaaS route, and thinking about them may help those of us who cut our teeth on in-house software – and I’m one of them – “think outside the box” that hardware-based solutions come in:
- Lower IT costs: Eliminate costs associated with purchasing, managing, maintaining, updating, and housing software, or devices.
- Reduced capital expense: No major outlay for costly upfront licenses.
- Faster deployment: Say goodbye to long, dragged out implementation processes. With SaaS, you pretty much just start working.
- Buy what’s needed, scale as needed: Sign up for what you need, and easily add on when the time comes.
- Instant access to new features: In-house software, often sits on the shelf. Gain instant access to new features, as opposed to boxed hardware and software where upgrades and add-ons can be arduous.
And by the way, if you’re a smaller company, the SaaS model gives you access to the same level of applications as major enterprises.
What do you see as the key advantages of SaaS? Share your opinions, join the conversation!
Join our Facebook group
Follow us on Twitter
Check out the LogMeIn Rescue Community