Posted by: ElaineHom
Networking Channel, recession, VARs
It’s no surprise — the recession clobbered everyone, including VARs. CompTIA recently released a VAR post-recession survey, and while the end results were not surprising, the takeaways are valuable for everyone who would like to be prepared for the next (hopefully a long time away) recession.
- The majority of VARs focused extra efforts on maintaining existing customers and providing excellent customer service to keep them coming back.
- VARs also included social media in their marketing efforts in an attempt to garner new business in a non-traditional way.
- Focus on verticals.
- Manage cashflow tightly — including prepaying.
- Stay on top of quality service.
Here are some comments from the survey:
- “Stay on top of service…100% outstanding service.
- “Be more efficient with staff on hand
- “Never overextend equipment leases
- “People are more willing to repair their equipment in an attempt to be more efficient with what they have.”
- “Business needs to be diversified across public and private sectors and through vertical channels
- “Selling cycle got longer.”
- “Never trust the bank, but keep them happy in case of a rainy day when you may need financial support.”