These days we thinking of establishing a DR site for our organization, I went through various solutions starting from cloud computing to renting a rack space. But Cisco’s Containerized Data Center emerged to be an interesting option
What is Cisco Containerized Data Center (CDC)?
Basically the Cisco Containerized Data Center is a 40-foot container, which is capable of housing up to 16 cabinets of 44 RU. Cisco has adopted chilled water cooling system that uses cabinet-level airflow containment rather than a hot aisle/cold aisle design. The Cisco Containerized Data Center comes with an access door at end of the container basically this modular approach allows the containers to either be stacked or deployed alongside one another.
Following are the features of Cisco Containerized Data Center (CDC)
- Timely response to dynamic data center needs: Significantly reduces deployment time for new and existing data center initiatives
- Flexibility: Can be configured to meet customer-unique business needs
- Serviceability: Designed for efficient serviceability and to meet power and cooling requirements
- Optimization: Can be placed in either indoor or outdoor environments with the flexibility to deliver the Cisco CDC to multiple locations
- Cisco CDC Management System (CDCMS): Integrates multiple components to help ensure the safe and efficient operation of Cisco’s modular data centers
A good innovative from Cisco Systems, which definitely provides a fast solution, flexible to way to expand, complement, or even replace traditional fixed, “brick-and-mortar” data centers And even for those who are thinking establishing a DR site