These days’ people are talking about the borderless networks; some of the presentations in the recently concluded Cisco Networkers in Bahrain were exclusively about the borderless Networks. As we all know Cisco Borderless Networks deliver intelligent, adaptive services to streamline your operations and increase flexibility, resiliency, and security.
I was wondering how I can attain more knowledge about Borderless Networks, Cisco Press has answers. They just launched the title “Securing the Borderless Network: Security for the Web 2.0 World” by Tom Gills.
This title deals with Securing the Borderless Network reveals new techniques for securing advanced Web 2.0, virtualization, mobility, and collaborative applications
Discover how Cisco’s innovations in switching, routing, security, and mobility can get you started today.
Learn more about borderless networks:
According to a recent Cisco survey, only 20 percent of small businesses know what “cloud services” are, even though 75 percent of SMBs polled are already using some kind of hosted or subscription-based service to enhance their business goals. Read rest of the story by following this link.
Cisco Systems has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2010 by Ethisphere Institute. The World’s Most Ethical Company designation is awarded to those companies that have leading ethics and compliance programs, particularly as compared to their industry peers. Interested to know who all is in this list access link.
Yesterday I passed ITILv3 Foundation exam, these days I am on my vacation in Bangalore. Since arrived I was thinking of ITILv3. I started contacting ITILv3 training centers and figured out VYOM labs is the best training center in this part of the World. Initially the training dates in Bangalore were conflicting with my brother’s wedding date, so I started looking other leaders in ITIL training in Bangalore.
Somehow things didn’t work well for me in Bangalore for training; again I approached VYOM labs for any training schedule in and around Bangalore on 26 & 27th of March. Pune was the only destination where ITIL v3 foundation training was conducted. I decided to attend the Pune ITIL v3 training offered by VYOM labs. It was worth attending the training. The instructor Ms. Beena Dhage an ITIL expert conducted the training in excellent way. I would strongly recommend to attend her training sessions if you are planning for ITIL v3 foundation. Two days of rigorous fun filled training and little practice can help you achieve IITL v3 foundation. I did also enjoy the company of my fellow trainees who were very supportive and most of them too pass their ITILv3 exam at first attempt. Congrats to them.
I hope to start next step in ITIL by preparing for life cycle modules ” Service Strategy or Service Transition” may be this time I will go for an online training with VYOM labs as they are offering both foundation and Intermediate trainings.
Till yesterday when it comes to unmanaged Switches only 3Com comes to my mind, but now Cisco Systems launched unmanaged switches “Cisco 100 Series Unmanaged Switches”. The Cisco 100 Series Switches deliver powerful network performance and flexibility for small business networks, without the complexity. With no installation software and nothing to configure, you get an affordable, reliable network that just works, right out of the box.
The Cisco 100 Series Switches proves to be useful to very small organizations or home users to establish network connectivity, especially the games savvy users can enjoy the great features offered by Cisco 100 Series Switches with life time warranty, some of the features of Cisco 100 Series Switches are
- Choice of Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Available in desktop or rack mount models
- Sets up in minutes with no software to install or configuration requirements
- Automatic cable detection, so you don’t have to worry about using the wrong cable type
- Automatic speed and full- and half-duplex sensing helps ensure that you’re running at the right network speed
- Auto quality of service (QoS) on all models prioritizes network traffic to keep critical network applications running at top performance
- Fanless design so switches run silently and unobtrusively
- Power-saving technology is able to enter sleep mode, turn off unused ports, and adjust power as needed
- Flexible network design mini Gigabit interface converter (GBIC) expansion slots
- Compatibility with network devices from other vendors
- Ability to trade up to a Cisco or Cisco Small Business switch at any time and receive full credit for the value of their switch
- Limited Lifetime Warranty to protect your investment
On Thursday 25th of March 2010, Microsoft delivered the new Community Technology Preview (CTP) of the next generation of the company’s Microsoft Dynamics CRM software, codenamed CRM5.
Microsoft has delivered a new Community Technology preview (CTP) of the next generation of the company’s Microsoft Dynamics CRM software, codenamed quot;CRM5. quot; The March 25 release is the third CTP (CTP3) of the quot;CRM5 quot; technology and it is aimed at software developers.
Rest of the article can be viewed at the following link.
Here is a cool tip for saving your time when ever your telnet to your Cisco Switch or a router. By using no login command you can telnet directly to your Cisco device without any authentication, this proves to be good only in lab environment to save time but its hardly recommended not to use this feature in real networks.
To configure this feature follow the below configuration steps.
ITKE01 (config)#line vty 0 4
ITKE01 (config-line)#no login
Notice that no authentication was required. You are taken directly to user mode.
On March 9th 2010, Cisco announced a major advancement in internet, the Cisco® CRS-3 Carrier Routing System (CRS) an advanced platform designed to deliver new wave of video, mobile and data center and much talked cloud services.
According to Cisco Systems, the Cisco® CRS-3 Carrier Routing System (CRS) the entire population of the China can make a video call at once , the entire printed collection of the Library of Congress to be downloaded in just over one second; . Every single motion picture ever created can be streamed in less than four minutes.
Pic Courtesy:Cisco Systems
The Cisco® CRS-3 Carrier Routing System (CRS) – designed to serve as the foundation of the next-generation Internet and set the pace for the astonishing growth of video transmission, mobile devices and new online services through this decade and beyond.
With more than 12 times the traffic capacity of the nearest competing system, the Cisco CRS-3 is designed to transform the broadband communication and entertainment industry by accelerating the delivery of compelling new experiences for consumers, new revenue opportunities for service providers, and new ways to collaborate in the workplace.
- The Cisco CRS-3 triples the capacity of its predecessor, the Cisco CRS-1 Carrier Routing System, with up to 322 Terabits per second, which enables the entire printed collection of the Library of Congress to be downloaded in just over one second; every man, woman and child in China to make a video call, simultaneously; and every motion picture ever created to be streamed in less than four minutes.
- The Cisco CRS-3 enables unified service delivery of Internet and cloud services with service intelligence spanning service provider Internet Protocol Next-Generation Networks (IP NGNs) and data center. The Cisco CRS-3 also provides unprecedented savings with investment protection for the nearly 5,000 Cisco CRS-1 deployed worldwide. Cisco’s cumulative investment in the Cisco CRS family is $1.6 billion, further underscoring the company’s commitment.
- AT&T, one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies, recently tested the Cisco CRS-3 in a successful completion of the world’s first field trial of 100-Gigabit backbone network technology, which took place in AT&T’s live network between New Orleans and Miami. The trial advances AT&T’s development of the next generation of backbone network technology that will support the network requirements for the growing number of advanced services offered by AT&T to consumer and business customers, both fixed and mobile.
- The Cisco CRS-3 is currently in field trials, and its pricing starts at $90,000 U.S.
Blue Coat Systems is the technology leader in Application Delivery announced that it will demonstrate how the on-demand security intelligence of its industry-leading Secure Web Gateway solution provides proactive layers of defense against new and evolving Web-based threats at RSA Conference 2010, March 1-5, in San Francisco.
On Friday, March 5, Blue Coat Senior Malware Researcher Chris Larsen will break down recent real-world attacks to examine how link farms, botnets and gray search engines are used to create multi-staged attacks during a session titled, “Is This Link Safe? – Exploiting Trust Through Search Engine Manipulation.” The session will also evaluate the role and relative value of a coordinated defense that includes existing and new technologies, policies and procedures, and user education. The session begins at 9:00 a.m. in the Blue Room 104.
In its booth, Blue Coat will demonstrate the on-demand security intelligence delivered by its Secure Web Gateway solution. Blue Coat® ProxySG® and ProxyAV™ appliances, ProxyClient™ software and the WebPulse™ cloud-based collaborative defense work together to enable businesses to consistently enforce corporate IT policies across the distributed enterprise and to prevent Web-based malware and malicious content from compromising application security or performance.
Blue Coat will also host the following partners in its booth:
IBM: On Tuesday, Blue Coat announced that IBM will provide a new Managed Security Service Secure Web Gateway offering to new and existing clients that use Blue Coat appliances, extending an existing relationship to provide a managed service that enables greater protection against Web-based threats and enforcement of corporate IT policies, while lowering overall management costs.
Code Green Networks: The Code Green TrueDLP™ and Blue Coat ProxySG appliances deliver a fully integrated enterprise data loss prevention solution that automatically enforces corporate data security policies to prevent the loss or theft of confidential and proprietary information, enabling enterprises to address regulatory compliance and customer privacy requirements.
FaceTime Communications: Working together, FaceTime’s Unified Security Gateway (USG) and Blue Coat ProxySG appliances provide more granular controls to a wide spectrum of instant messaging and unified communications platforms and more than 4,000 Web and Internet applications. Social media controls also enable enterprises to take bidirectional control of content posted and received from the Internet.
The RSA Conference brings together thought leaders and information security professionals from around the world to discuss security issues and best practices for building a comprehensive approach to cyberthreats.
Recently I came across an article from the local IT news publisher. Which says Saudi and Egypt are worst affected by a “dangerous new” botnet .