Starting 3rd of August, 2009, Cisco Systems is giving away 15 Flip Video Camcorders on twitter. The Flip Video Camcorders could be yours by following the three simple steps.
Every business day for 3 weeks, Cisco will ask a different question from http://www.twitter.com/DigitalCribs about the new Digital Cribs webisodes featuring Paul Van Dyk, Graham Hill, and Martha Lane Fox. Watch the videos, tweet the answer to the daily question, and follow @DigitalCribs to find out if The Flip is yours!
To enter the contest, tweet the correct answer via @reply and include the hashtag #DigitalCribs.
Cisco will randomly choose one winner per day to win a new Flip VideoTM camcorder. Winners will be listed there and announced via our Twitter account, @DigitalCribs, every day before they post the next question.
According to the Cisco 2009 Midyear Security Report , the Conficker worm is still active and affecting thousands of Systems daily. Just to recap the Conficker worm began infecting the Systems in late 2008 and still an active worm.
Pic Courtesy:Cisco Systems
Cisco Systems released the Cisco 2009 Midyear Security Report on 14th of July 2009 and the report highlights some of the most common technical and business strategies that Internet criminals used to breach corporate networks compromise Web sites and steal personnel information.
The highlights of the Cisco 2009 Midyear Security Report is as follows
- The Conficker worm, which began infecting computer systems late last year by exploiting a Windows operating system vulnerability, continues to spread. Several million computer systems were under Conficker’s control as of June 2009.
- Online criminals are up on current events and making the most of them. After the outbreak of H1N1 influenza (“swine flu”) in April, cybercriminals quickly blanketed the Web with spam that advertised preventive drugs and linked to fake pharmacies. Cybercriminals will often seize on major news events to launch this type of attack. While many spammers continue to operate with extremely high volumes, some are opting for lower-volume but more frequent attacks in an effort to remain under the radar.
- President Barack Obama has made strengthening U.S. cybersecurity a high priority for his administration and looks to work with the international community and the private sector to leverage technology innovations to reduce cybercrime. This focus is expected to have a significant positive impact for the industry in the coming months. John N. Stewart, Cisco’s chief security officer and a contributor to the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) report for the Obama administration, provided additional insight in a recent blog and video blog post.
If you want to reset the Cisco Aironet 1250 Access Point to factory default settings you have to use “Write erase or erase/all nvram” command, these commands resets the Cisco Aironet 1250 Access Point to factory default settings except the static IP Configured. This feature is really helpful if you reset the Cisco Aironet 1250 Access Point accidentally. Still you will have an option to access Cisco Aironet 1250 Access Point using a web browser interface.
Mindful thinking from Cisco.
Did you miss the much talked Cisco Live 2009? No worries Cisco Live Virtual is here, by registering you can have chance to access more than 200 technical training and educational sessions with a membership to Cisco Live Virtual. Browse the unique 3D virtual environment using full access and view more than a dozen complimentary sessions online now.
The Cisco Live Virtual is available in two flavors Cisco Live Virtual Pass: Free and Cisco Live Virtual Premier Pass:Full Access for $395 or 5 Cisco Learning Credits .
The Cisco Live Virtual Pass: Free provides you an access to on-demand technical training sessions, keynotes and Super Sessions in the auditorium as well as access to the Cisco customer community. Register for Cisco Live Virtual and see for yourself all that this community has to offer.
Whereas the Cisco Live Virtual Premier Pass: provides you an access to on-demand technical training sessions, keynotes and Super Sessions in the auditorium as well as access to the Cisco customer community. Register for Cisco Live Virtual and see for yourself all that this community has to offer.
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlqPph1kTaE" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
If you are preparing for the CCNA 640-802 Certification exam and you are not willing to invest on hardware to setup you own lab, then the CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator released recently by Cisco Press is the right Simulator for you.
The CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator is a state of the art, interactive simulation software, which allows you to practice your networking skills with more than 250 labs, specifically designed strengthen CCNA and CCENT exam topics, including router and switch navigation and administration, LAN switching, IP addressing, routing, WANs, Spanning Tree Protocols, VLANs and trunking, IP routing protocols, scaling IP, and troubleshooting.
The CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator will surely allow you to discover the realistic network device response as you work through each of the labs developed by the bestselling author and an expert instructor Wendell Odom.
Whenever we buy anything either it might be a small thing or huge buch of servers, we always think of support. Yes support matters a lot, especially after buying any piece of software, study guide or a simulator. When Cisco Press released the CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator, I purchased the Simulator to test and see what Cisco Press is offering in this simulator, which was amazing and in fact I wrote a review as well in my ITKE blog.
Recently Cisco Press released the CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator, when I purchased the CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator there was an offer , so I was entitled for a free upgrade of the CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator. When Cisco Press released the CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator I was thinking of upgrade but the CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator was corrupted in my laptop and I was not able to activate the product. Immediately I contacted the Cisco Press Support and my problem was solved in matter of hours, which was really amazing.
My past experience with other vendors was not as great as of Cisco Press Support. Which proved to be vital for the Certification aspirers, as time matters? Without proper support we can suffer a lot.
Dear folks as you all know on 15th of July 2009, Cisco Systems along APC by Schneider Electric, EMC, Emerson Network Power, NetApp, Oracle, Panduit, and VMware conducted a live virtual event “Data Center of the future”
The event was a great success, I never imagined a virtual event of this standard and the presentations were simply amazing. The interaction was amazing and I was zapped by the virtual environment. For a moment I felt as if I am in the auditorium physically. I really enjoyed each and every presentation.
As I am leaving in the other part of the World time was the major constrain for me. I did miss few presentations, but now I have an opportunity to watch them offline. As Cisco Systems along with its event partners are allowing us to access on demand presentations. If you have missed this event no worries, you have one more opportunity to access the content on demand. You can download the slides as well. Wow.
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/exS3y6LBH94" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
Since we are in the process of Data Center, these days I am always looking for the resources, seminars, webcast related to the Data Center.
Cisco Systems, APC by Schneider Electric, EMC, Emerson Network Power, NetApp, Oracle, Panduit, and VMware joined hands together to share their vision for the unified computing and data center consolidation. They are conducting a live event on 15th of July 2009.
Pic Courtesy: Cisco Systems.
The Unified Computing and Data Center Consolidation virtual event is a one-day live program, where you can access the webcast full of informative presentations that will cover wide range of important topics.
- Increasing business agility
- Reducing total cost of ownership
- Increasing compute and virtual machine scalability
- Achieving immediate productivity gains through consolidation of inefficient, underutilized infrastructure
- Improving energy efficiency and extending the life of your existing data centers
- Starting to lay the foundation for a best-practice architecture to deal with the emerging needs of the 21-century business and new business models
- Accelerating the deployment and reducing the risks
So register now and enjoy the wonderful event, may be you can win an IPhone.
Unified Computing and Data Center Consolidation Virtual Event
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PDT
Last week, I have received the newsletter from Cisco Systems about announcement of four new Cisco certifications.
“In response to the growing demand for IT professionals who can design, manage, and maintain converged technologies across global network infrastructures, Cisco announced the release of four new certifications at the Cisco Live! show, held this week in San Francisco, CA.
Cisco Certified Architect, CCNP Wireless, and two new Cisco Datacenter Unified Computing Specialists reinforce Cisco’s commitment developing state of the art, technology driven, role based certifications that meet the demands of today’s network professional.”
- Cisco Certified Architect (Available January, 2010): Cisco Certified Architect is highest level of accreditation achievable within the Cisco Career Certification program. It is the pinnacle for individuals wishing to show their formal validation of both design and IT skills in Cisco technologies and infrastructure.
- CCNP Wireless (Available July 24th, 2009): Built on the growing need for professionals responsible for the design, implementation, security, and operation of wireless networks and mobility infrastructures, CCNP Wireless certification recognizes the critical importance of professionals who support and manage Cisco wireless LANs and networks.
- DC Unified Computing Design Specialist: It is designed to test students knowledge of the fundamentals of the Cisco Unified Compute System and their ability to implement a virtualized Data Center environment. In addition the student also tested on how to implement the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) in an enterprise data center routing and switching infrastructure with the next-generation Cisco Nexus product family.
- DC Unified Computing Support Specialist: It validates an engineer’s ability to design scalable, reliable, and intelligent Data Center Virtualization solutions based on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) along with other Cisco Data Center products, server virtualization software, and server operating systems.
Cisco Systems will release its Mid Year Security Report on 14th of July. The Cisco 2009 Midyear Security Report will present the overview of Cisco Security Intelligence, highlighting threat information and trends from the first half of the year 2009. The Cisco 2009 Midyear Security Report also includes recommendations from Cisco Security experts and predictions of how identified trends will evolve.
Pic Courtesy: Cisco Systems
Meanwhile there will be a webcast on 14th July, 2009. Where the Cisco Security, Fred Kost and Patrick Peterson, will discuss findings from the Cisco 2009 Midyear Security report recapping the security events and trends from the first half of this year.
Do check the webcast on 14th of July, 2009
When: July 14th, 2009.
Time: 8am PDT
Fred Kost and Patrick Peterson, Cisco Security Executives