Dear Friends, the most comprehensive Cisco learning game is about to launch! good news for the Cisco Certification aspirers, the Cisco Systems came up with a brilliant idea, it’s a game known as Cisco Mind Share game which covers more than 50% of the CCENT/CCNA certification exam. Currently the Cisco Mind Share game is available as demo version. Which features 5 excitng sections of the full subnet of 15 features? Each level is playable at three difficulty levels based upon your experience and knowledge.
Following topics are covered by the Cisco Mind Share game
Topics covered include:
· Binary Number
· IOS Fundamentals
· IP Addressing
· IP routing
· NAT and PAT
· The OSI Model
· Switch Operation and behavior
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxzVAok2UQQ" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
In order to achieve a high score in the Cisco Mind Share game requires deep understanding of the technology. The Cisco Mind Share game is a great way to improve your speed and accuracy on Cisco Certification exams as well as it’s a fun filled activity.
Join the discussion on this and other Learning Games in the Games Forum
Cisco Systems released Cisco® IOS® Software updates for Cisco Catalyst® 3750-E, 3750, 3560-E, 3560, and 2960 Series Catalyst Switches
Cisco Systems announces the release of Cisco IOS ® Software Release 12.2(50)SE for Cisco Catalyst 3750-E,3560-E,3750,3560 and 2960 Series Switches. This new release from Cisco Systems introduces Energy wise technology and adds several enhancements in the areas of identity-based networking services and ease of use with Auto Smart ports.
Picture Courtesy:Cisco Systems.
There are several new features included in this release, which are as following.
• Cisco EnergyWise: The inclusion of Cisco EnergyWise technology in this release enables companywide optimization of greenhouse gas (GhG) emissions by measuring, reporting, and reducing energy consumption across the entire corporate infrastructure.
• Identity-based networking: This release continues to enhance Cisco Identity-based Networking Services (IBNS) with several primary innovations to simplify configurations that support heterogeneous endpoint device environments. The release also includes innovations to transparently integrate with existing network and Internet Protocol Telephony (IPT) infrastructure and to provide IT administrators comprehensive policy enforcement options. These enhancements are covered in detail under “Security and Identity Enhancements” section.
• Auto Smartports: This release extends Smartports to allow dynamic switch port provisioning. The switch uses Cisco Discovery Protocol to determine the type of the device connected to the switch and automatically provisions the port based on the predefined macros. The switch integrates with RADIUS for device authentication and applies the macro based on the RADIUS-assigned tag.
• Wired location services: This enhancement enables switch port tracking of hosts or users connected to switches. As part of the location service, the switch integrates with Cisco wireless Mobility Services Engine, which can be used for host/user lookup in determining the switch connectivity for troubleshooting purposes.
• LLDP-MED integration for class of service/diff services code point (CoS/DSCP): Switch will signal CoS/DSCP settings to connected IP telephone using Link Layer Discovery Protocol for Media Endpoint Devices (LLDP-MED) (so that the IP telephone can use the values for communication)
• IP Source Guard (IPSG) and Dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) Inspection (DAI) support for Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switches with LAN Base software: This release introduces IPSG and DAI capabilities for Layer 2 security.
• IPv6 packaging changes: Cisco has announced the end of life for Advanced IP Services (AIS). Functionality previously available in AIS has been migrated to IP Services or IP Base as documented in Table 1.
Cisco has appointed a select group of Cisco Engineers to develop a state-of-the-art security force. ‘The Realm.” growing beyond the systems in which they were created into a group of powerful defenders. Forming a unified league of security, the defenders battle Botnets, Malware, Spam and Intruders in the Realm, assuring the safety and security of every citizen on the human network.
‘The Realm.”is an online comic that animates the pane flow and adds voice narration. Creatively it’s an engaging experience, not as complete as a full scale animation but more alive that just a flat 2D image.
Visit http://www.cisco.com/go/realm to learn more.
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/MY3yw6Hui48" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
What do you think what happens? If a new Cisco Catalyst® switch is placed between any two VTP domains, the Cisco Catalyst® switch will join the VTP domain identified by the first VTP update it receives. Just check the below example.
The VTP domain can be changed to another in a Cisco Catalyst® switch by using the CLI prompt, this is the only way you can change.
CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator is a simply great simulator for the CCNA Certification aspirers covering all the ICND1 topics.
The state-of-the-art, interactive simulation software enables you to practice your networking skills with 98 structured labs designed to help you learn by doing, which is the most effective method of learning.
The CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator is divided into three categories, Skill Builder, Configuration Scenario and Troubleshooting Scenario. The best part of the CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator is its very fast consumes less CPU processing power & it’s a java based application. The lab scenarios included in the CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator are far more complex, challenging you to learn how to perform realistic network configuration and troubleshooting tasks. The CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator is best for the CCNA Certifications aspirers especially for the guys who have less exposure to real environment.
The best thing about the CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator is the organization of labs. The Skill builder consists of three parts; even the Configuration Scenario consists of three parts where as Troubleshooting scenario has one part. These labs are quite handy and useful. The moment you open any lab the corresponding pdf file opens with the lab instructions. You are supposed to answer few questions in the labs, the LAB topology is explained well.
I would strongly recommend the CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator for anyone who is depended on the self study. CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator is available only as a download, and is a subset of the CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator, covering all the ICND1 topics.
Safari Books Online is now fully-optimized to support the top mobile devices in the United States. Get searchable access to thousands of the best technology resources online, and now search and access more than 6,500 mobile-friendly books (including Cisco Press) directly from your BlackBerry, Nokia, Windows Mobile, and iPhone smartphone or mobile device!
Get a Free 15-Day Trial Plus 15% Off for a Limited Time
The power is at your fingertips. Play, challenge a friend, and see if you score high enough to win. The top three eligible scorers at the end of each week could win great prizes.
Play Now: www.cisco.com/go/edgequest
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/SZAE96kVVmk" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
Cisco Edge Quest 2 is an online game that is fast and fun. Players are encouraged to release the power of the Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers by maneuvering a craft through various levels in order to handle the increasing demands on IP networks. It is fast and fun, and the learning comes through playing.
The Edge Quest 2 tournament starts on Monday, February 23, 2009 and ends on Friday, March 6, 2009. Play as many times as you want to master the game: your top score might qualify you to win prizes worth up to $500. Prizes will be awarded to each week’s top eligible scorers.
For official terms and conditions for participation in the Cisco Edge Quest 2 Tournament: visit www.cisco.com/go/edgequest.
Don¹t miss this opportunity to play, learn, and network. Also, you can practice your skills and challenge your friends with the new Edge Quest 2 iPhone and Facebook applications.
As I posted before about the Cisco Saudi – Expo 2009 which was held at King Fahd Cultural Center, Riyadh ,Saudi Arabia on 9 & 10th February 2009. The conference was opened by Dr Mohammed Al-Suwaiyel, President of King Abdullah College of Science and Technology, and a keynote from Dr Badr Al Badr, managing director of Cisco Saudi Arabia.
The two-day event for customers and partners included sessions on a number of emerging technologies, including unified communications, collaboration, managed services, and Cisco’s Connected Home and Smart Education systems.The two-day event for customers and partners included sessions on a number of emerging technologies, including unified communications, collaboration, managed services, and Cisco’s Connected Home and Smart Education systems.
The technical presentations were simply great I would say they were meeting the Networkers standards.
Some of the topics covered as follows which can be downloaded.
Switch C is added to the network connecting via a trunk port to Switch B with no VTP domain configured, in this mode when the Switch C receives the first VTP update from the adjacent Switch B , it will become the part of the VTP domain ITKE as identified in the VTP update.
If you all are looking for a complete green solution for your Data Center using Cisco Catalyst® switches, there is good news with Cisco EnergyWise software. The most interesting fact of the innovative Cisco EnergyWise technology for Cisco Catalyst® switches that measures, reports and reduces the energy consumption of Internet Protocol (IP) devices such as phones, laptops and access points. Cisco also announced industry partner solutions along with an intelligent middleware acquisition that will ultimately enable the management of power consumption for entire building systems such as lights, elevators, and air conditioning and heating.
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/58n8bRIZy0E" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
- Cisco EnergyWise was purpose-built in alignment with Cisco’s vision of how networking technology can support a low-carbon economy, cut energy use and promote overall environmental sustainability.
- Cisco EnergyWise is part of the company’s technology roadmap for changing the value-chain of information technology (IT) by placing the intelligent network squarely at the center of how companies reduce greenhouse gas (GhG) emissions across their entire organization.
- Cisco EnergyWise will roll out in three phases to improve IT and building system energy utilization:
- In the first phase (February 2009), Network Control, Cisco EnergyWise will be supported on Catalyst switches and manage the energy consumption of IP devices such as phones, video surveillance cameras and wireless access points.
- In the next phase (Summer 2009), IT Control, there will be expanded industry support of EnergyWise on devices such as personal computers (PCs), laptops and printers.
- In the final phase (Early 2010), Building Control, Cisco EnergyWise will be extended to the management of building system assets such as heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), elevators, lights, employee badge access systems, fire alarm systems and security systems.
- Cisco EnergyWise provides real-time, granular measurement capabilities to give chief information officers better visibility into energy savings across an entire organization as well as specific places in the network such as the campus, branch office and data center .
- Cisco EnergyWise supports currently deployed Catalyst switches worldwide with a free software upgrade and new Catalyst switches beginning in February 2009.
- Cisco is working with Schneider Electric for building utility management, SolarWinds for network monitoring, and Verdiem for monitoring PC power in order to extend EnergyWise as a platform for power management across IT and the building systems of an organization by early 2010.
- Cisco also announced the acquisition of Richards-Zeta’s intelligent middleware to provide simplified and cost-effective interoperability and integration between building infrastructure, IT applications and Cisco EnergyWise.
- The new Cisco Green Business Value Calculator provides customers with projected cost and GhG emission-saving results from adopting Cisco EnergyWise and other green technologies such as Cisco TelePresenceTM, Cisco WebExTM and Cisco Unified Communications.
- Cisco also introduced adaptive power management functionality in the Cisco Wireless Control System to save power by enabling customers to turn off redundant radios during off hours.
- “Cisco believes that information technology has the power to transform the way the world manages its environmental and energy challenges. With EnergyWise, Cisco is uniquely positioned to help our customers gain a networkwide view of energy consumption that encompasses not only device-level power, but in the future entire network efficiency, building operations and business practices across an entire organization,” said Judy Lin, senior vice president of the Ethernet Switching technology group for Cisco.
- “With the organizationwide visibility that Cisco EnergyWise provides, we anticipate potential annual reduced energy savings of 15 to 20 percent conservatively across our portfolio of commercial office buildings. This could equate to energy savings of 19 to 33 cents a square foot, which over the course of a year could be thousands of dollars in energy related savings,” said Jeff Ton, vice president of IT for Lauth Property Group.
- “As a global specialist in energy management, we help our customers to make the most of their energy,” said Jean-Pascal Tricoire, CEO of Schneider Electric. “Today, through the monitoring and control of energy usage with energy efficiency products, Schneider Electric’s solutions deliver up to 30 percent energy savings to residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Using the network as a platform through Cisco EnergyWise, we will be able to bring additional reductions in energy consumption, offering our customers an efficient, simple, and reliable infrastructure.”
- “With SURVEYOR, Verdiem’s commitment to reducing the environmental impact of technology has already helped our customers save up to 60 percent of their PC networks’ energy consumption. Verdiem is proud to be working towards a Cisco EnergyWise enterprise network energy management agreement because not only is EnergyWise good corporate citizenship, but in the future it will also help improve business performance and most importantly, gives corporations a reliable way to meet their sustainability goals,” said Jeremy Jaech, Verdiem’s CEO.
- “SolarWinds provides powerful, simple and affordable network management solutions to thousands of IT organizations around the world. Within the year, the integration of Cisco EnergyWise and SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor will allow network engineers to easily manage energy use alongside the other metrics they monitor on a daily basis,” said Kenny Van Zant, chief product strategist.
- Video on EnergyWise with John Chambers
- Check out the Cisco EnergyWise Demo
- Read the “Cisco Ecolibrium” blog post
- Customer video with leading United Kingdom retailer John Lewis Partnership
- Customer video with Friends Provident, a financial services company in the United Kingdom
- Customer video with the University of Plymouth in the United Kingdom