Well it’s been a long time you saw any update from my side on Data Center policies, in my previous article I was taking about the types of access can be provided to Data Center, let continue our journey with two things
1) Data Center Doors
2) Security System for Data Centers.
1. Data Center Doors
All doors to the Data Center MUST remain locked at all times and may only be temporarily opened for periods NOT to exceed that minimally necessary in order to:
- Allow officially approved and logged entrance and exit of authorized individuals
- Permit the transfer of supplies/equipment as directly supervised by a person with ITKE* staff Access to the area
- Prop opens a door to the Data Center ONLY if it is necessary to increase Air flow into the Data Center in the case on an air conditioning failure. In this case, staff personnel with ITKE* staff Access MUST be present and limit access to the Data Center.
2. Security System
Access control system provides the normal mechanism for control of access to the Data Center. These mechanisms are employed at the Data Center doors. The permission to access to datacenter MUST be sign from ITKE* directors. Customer MUST provide ITKE*with at least (1) one working day prior notice via e-mail any time it intends to access the ITKE*,Data Centre. Customer MUST provide ITKE*,with at least (3) three working days prior notice any time it requires onsite technical support at the ITKE* Data Centre or it intends to move-in or move-out any Customer Equipment. The Representatives and the accompanying persons MUST keep its licensed area as well as ITKE* Data Centre clean and tidy at all times. The Representatives and the accompanying persons agree to adhere to and abide by all security and safety measures established by ITKE*.
The Representatives and the accompanying persons MUST refrain from doing the following:
- Engage in any activity that is in violation of the laws or aids or assists any criminal activity while at ITKE* property or in connection with the Data Centre Services;
- Misuse or abuse any ITKE*’s property or equipment or third party equipment;
- Make any unauthorized use of or interfere with any property or equipment of any other customer;
- Harass any individual, including ITKE* personnel and representatives of other customers;
- Use of any photographic, video, film or such other device that produces, reproduces, retains or transmits images within the premises and the licensed space.
*ITKE is used just as reference which can be replaced by your organization or department name.