Posted by: Yasir Irfan
2G, 3G, 4G, Cisco acquisitions, Cisco ASR 5000, Cisco mobile, Cisco News, Cisco Systems, Cisco Updates, Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network, IP NGN, mobile internet, Mobile Network, Network technologies & trends, Starent ST40
Cisco Systems announced the introduction of Cisco ASR 5000 mobile multimedia services solution. The addition of the ASR 5000 gives Cisco a comprehensive end-to-end Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) architecture and offers mobile operators a platform specifically designed to accommodate the rapid growth of mobile Internet traffic and mobile multimedia applications.
This Cisco mobile Internet network architecture increases network and customer intelligence, offers world-class performance in each solution, and allows service providers to utilize Cisco networking expertise across any access, including 2G/3G/4G mobile network — from cell site to packet core to data center. With this new architecture, consumers will enjoy faster mobile Internet speeds and more seamless mobile multimedia experiences.
- High performance across capacity, throughput, and transaction rate metrics
- Integrated packet voice, data, and multimedia for service flexibility
- High-touch deep packet inspection for enhanced charging and user understanding
- Simple scalability with no function-specific cards
- High reliability with session recovery and geographic redundancy
- Multiple functions supported in a single node
- In-line Services for highly flexible service control and operational simplicity
- Detailed protocol monitoring, debugging, and subscriber statistics