Posted by: Yasir Irfan
Cisco NSS 300, Cisco NSS 300 Series Smart Storage, Cisco products, Cisco Small Business Council, Cisco Systems, desktop network storage units, High performance, Network Technologies and Trends, RAID, SAN, Storage business
Now even the small-business market segments do matters, on June 11th Cisco Systems entered into the small-business market with its new storage product Cisco NSS 300 Series Smart Storage. The Cisco NSS 300 Series Smart Storage is a desktop solution with business application, data encryption and built-in servers specifically designed for small businesses with fewer than 100 employees.
Pic Courtesy: Cisco Systems
The Cisco NSS 300 Series Smart Storage family consists of two-bay, four-bay and six-bay desktop network storage units and it offers the following features
- High performance: Class-leading performance reduces backup time and allows multiple people to use the device simultaneously.
- Built-in and add-on applications: Extend capabilities beyond storage, and get more for your money. Running applications on Cisco Smart Storage helps ensure that they are available at all times, and can eliminate the need for additional devices on the network.
- Security and data encryption: On-disk data encryption protects critical business data stored on disk even if hard drives are stolen.
- Simplified configuration and management: Setup takes minutes and a straightforward, browser-based interface simplifies configuration.
- Flexibility: Choose from multiple backup modes and share files across Windows, Macintosh, and Linux platforms.
- Reliable, high-availability design: Safeguard data and reduce downtime with Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) 0, 1, 5, and 6 configurations, and hot-swappable drives.
- Service and support: Protect your investment with Cisco Small Business Pro Service, which provides three-year, peace-of-mind coverage
Cisco Systems is a relatively new player in to Storage business especially into SMB segment, Ian Pennel, co-chair of Cisco’s Small Business Council, highlighted the company’s storage directions:
“To help small businesses effectively manage the explosion of electronic information, we’ve built an innovative new family of storage solutions. The addition of these new devices further emphasizes Cisco’s commitment to providing small businesses with affordable, easy-to-use technology they require to optimize productivity and drive growth.“