Posted by: Yasir Irfan
Cisco, Cisco 2950, Cisco 2960, Cisco 3560, Cisco 3750-E, Cisco 6500, Cisco Systems, Cisco Tips, Etherchannel, Etherchannel configuration, Etherchannel restrictions, Layer 2 Etherchannel, Layer 3 Etherchannel, Networking, Routing and Switching, Switches, Switching
· An Etherchannel Group Number must be in the range of 1 to 256.
· All ports in the target Etherchannel group MUST be in the same VLAN.
· If one physical link in the Etherchannel group is a TRUNK, then all other ports must be configured as trunks carrying the same VLAN information.
· Any defined broadcast limits must be the same across all ports in an Etherchannel.
· An LACP Etherchannel group cannot support any physical links in half duplex mode.
· No port in the Etherchannel group can be defined as a SPAN port.