When it comes to CCDE practical exams currently we are all restricted to location like San Jose, Chicago, London, etc., starting February 2014 things are going to change, and Cisco will be offering CCDE practical exams at all Pearson Professional Centers (PPCs) worldwide. From 8 Centers to 225 centers is a great move from Cisco soon we are going to see the numbers CCDE’s increasing worldwide.
One great thing Cisco introduced is that can take lunch break on their own time after finishing the second scenario in the exam, where previously they were required to wait until the set lunchtime was finished before continuing on with section 3. The specific announcement from Cisco is below, along with the link to the CCDE page which outlines exactly where the new locations will be.
The overall exam administration experience has improved giving you more flexibility in the following areas:
Choosing your exam location:
- The number of locations where this exam can be administered will increase from 8 to 275
Registering for the exam:
- Registration will close one day before the test date
- However, candidates are encouraged to register at least 45 days in advance for most locations to guarantee PPC sites will be open for the required nine hours to administer the CCDE practical exam
Breaking for lunch:
- Candidates can only take a lunch break after they finish section 2
- Candidates are no longer required to take a lunch break simultaneously
There are no changes to the exam content, scoring methodology, or modular testing approach. See the FAQs for more detail