CCDP or Cisco Certified Design Professional is one of the best certificates for any engineer working in middle to large enterprise.
CCDP requires the candidate to pass Route, Switch, and Arch. Since most Engineers would have CCNP which requires Route, Switch, and Tshoot. CCDP becomes much easier task to gain, and with high benefits.
Studying material for Cisco Certified Design Professional are available through ciscopress. Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures is a good guide to prepare for the Arch exam. Advanced topics from this book, that are very helpful to any engineer are:
- Implement advanced WAN services
- Evaluate design considerations in the data center core, aggregation, and access layers
- Design storage area networks (SANs) and extend the SAN with various protocols
- Design and tune an integrated e-commerce architecture
- Integrate firewall, NAC, and intrusion detection/prevention into your network design
- Incorporate voice over WLAN in the enterprise network
The data center design is fundamental for any enterprise, while the e-commerce is important for almost all commercial and profit organizations.
Lastly, don’t expect the exam to be easy. The questions would require you to use your experience and thinking to find the right answer.