This exam will touch the topics of enterprise network in a brief yet fundamentally important way. It covers all the basics from wireless, VOIP, and the enterprise model.
I would recommend to study this not for the sake of certifications but the great knowledge acquired . It shows what are the best practices for network design and operation. It will also direct the engineers during network expansions or upgrades.
CCDA official exam certification guide (v3) is a good book that bring all the topics in one volume for easy, and effective reading.
After reading the book, you would expect to learn the following
- Network design methodology
- Network structure models
- Enterprise LAN design
- Wireless LAN design
- Enterprise edge module design
- WAN design
- IPv4 and IPv6
- Routing protocol selection
- RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, and IS-IS
- BGP, route manipulation, and IP multicast
- Security management, technologies, and design
- Voice architectures and IP telephony design
- Network management
Many topics would have been covered if you have done CCNP, but CCDA is requirement for CCDP. It would be good to get CCNA and CCDA in same time frame, since it will work as a brief introduction to CCNP.