Many people don’t have the privilege to run a full scale CCIE lab in their basement. I happened to be one of them. So i had to relay on other resources to practice CCIE technologies. Since i have bought my new PC, i can easly run GNS3 with full INE topology.
The topology .net file can be easily found in their website. The problem was, i couldn’t run it from the first instance. I had to edit with many connections. (i actually built the network from scratch, i just used the Frame-Relay mappings as it is).
Please find the attached file here. let me explain the features of this topology in few words
- Full initial layer two connectivity with IP addressing
- All ports are up. (you will not require to run the command no shut on any interface)
- Switches connected with single links
- EtherChannel was broken and replaced with single link. (known issue of gns3 and layer three etherchannels)
- all vlans are created and up, ping will work from first time in multiaccess media (ethernet). you will not get the message (encapsulation failed)
- the IOS use 128MB of ram. If you want to run Netflow, NBAR please make sure to use 256MB of ram for your IOS
- Works best with GNS3 v0.7.4