Profile: Michael Khanin
We can configure Exchange to prevent users from sending mail to the Internet (and receive mails). The user can only receive e-mail from other Exchange users in the same organization. To set this, follow the following steps:
- Create a new distribution group (mail-enabled) in Exchange.
- Add all the users which are not allowed to send mail outside your organisation.
- Modify (properties) the SMTP connector(s) that are used to send to the internet
- Under the Delivery Restrictions tab, REJECT MESSAGES FROM, add the distribution group.
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
- Locate and click the following registry key:
- On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:
Value Name: CheckConnectorRestrictions
Data Type: REG_DWORD
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service and the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) services for this change to take effect.