Posted by: James Murray
when relevant content is
added and updated.
When you setup 365 the first thing everyone wants to know is how to setup their phone
Cell Phone Setup Link
Everyone first wants to setup their phone. I shared this link to a mobile phone setup wizard. I have a Windows phone, so I included the setup steps for a windows phone here.
How do I set up Microsoft Exchange e-mail on an Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch?
- 1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- 2. Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- 3. You don’t need to enter anything in the Domain box. Enter the information requested in the Email, Username, and Password boxes. You need to enter your full e-mail address in the Email and Username boxes (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 4. Tap Next on the upper-right corner of the screen. Your iPhone will try to find the settings it needs to set up your account. Go to step 7 if your iPhone finds your settings.
- 5. If your iPhone can’t find your settings, you’ll need to manually look up your Exchange ActiveSync server name. For instructions for how to determine your Exchange ActiveSync server name, see the Finding My Server Name section below.
- 6. In the Server box, enter your server name, and then tap Next.
- 7. Choose the type of information you want to synchronize between your account and your device, and then touch Save. By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronized.
How do I set up Exchange ActiveSync on Windows Phone?
- 1. If this is the first e-mail account you’ve set up on the phone, tap the E-mail tile on the phone’s home screen and skip to step 4. If this is not the first e-mail account you’ve set up on the phone, swipe left from the home screen.
- 2. Tap Settings and then tap E-mail and Accounts.
- 3. Tap Add an Account and select Outlook.
- 4. Enter your e-mail address and password and tap Sign In. Windows Phone will try to configure your e-mail account automatically. If configuration completes successfully, skip to step 7.
- 5. If your e-mail account can’t be configured automatically, tap Advanced Setup. You’ll need to enter the following information:
- a. E-mail address This is your full e-mail access, for example email@example.com.
- b. Password This is the password for your e-mail account.
- c. User name This is your full e-mail address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org.
- d. Domain This is the part of your e-mail address after the @ sign, for example contoso.com.
- e. Server For instructions for finding your server name, see the Finding the Server Name section below.
- f. Select the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection box.
- 6. Tap Sign In.
- 7. Press OK when Exchange ActiveSync asks you if you want to enforce policies on your phone. Policies let you set a password on your mobile phone and use a remote device wipe to clear all data from your mobile phone in case the phone is lost or stolen.
You can use my article Modern Network Architecture – Office 365 or the link to also learn how to find your server through Outlook web access.