Posted by: Matt Gervais
Exchange 2007, exchange 2010
Earlier today, the Exchange team released Exchange 2010 SP2 Rollup 6 and Exchange 2007 SP3 Rollup 10 to the Microsoft download center. These rollups come just a few days after the announcement it would do away with rollup updates in favor of cumulative updates in Exchange 2013.
The Exchange 2007 SP3 RU 10 release includes the following fixes:
- New Daylight savings time for Exchange 2007 SP3,
- An issue where a hidden user is still displayed in Organization info of the Address Book in OWA in Exchange 2007,
- The security vulnerabilities addressed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-012, which are marked as “critical.”
The Security Bulletin also applies to Exchange 2010 SP2 RU 6, but there are a number of other issues the update fixes as well, including:
- An issue where admins can’t move or delete a folder using Outlook in online mode,
- The AutoPreview feature does not work in Outlook online mode,
- Synchronization fails when attempting to sync an external device to a mailbox via Exchange ActiveSync,
- A mailbox on a mobile device is not updated when Exchange ActiveSync is configured,
- You cannot perform cross-premises searches of a mailbox in a hybrid environment, and
- You cannot use the Search function to search for mailbox items in Exchange 2010
Update: It was later revealed that Exchange 2007 SP3 RU 10 also paves the way for coexistence with Exchange 2013. That said, coexistence is not possible until the first cumulative update for Exchange 2013 is released.
Until next time,