Posted by: Michael Morisy
The most-watched IT questions
The quest for the Nexus One Challenge continues, and the competition is fierce to stay in the top 10. Here are the questions that generated the most interest the last week: In them, you’ll find great answers from some of ITKnowledgeExchange’s most active users.
1. A member asks how to configure a two-RAID LUN, which MrDenny answers.
2. A member runs into an error when installing vSphere Client on Windows Server 2008 R2, and MrDenny shows them the workaround.
3. A member asks for a RAID level comparison of data protection vs. redundancy, and MShen and MrDenny offer their thoughts.
4. A member asks how they know when to add capacity to my virtual infrastructure, and MrDenny suggests setting up a baseline based on failure.
5. Earthman2005 asks whether today’s 3G phones will work with 4G networks, and Techy001, MrDenny, and your friendly neighborhood community editor all weigh in.
6. Alittleconfused asks whether a friend is pulling their leg after a Skype video call shows their hometown IP address – when they’re supposed to be in Europe. MrDenny, TomLiotta, KevinBeaver and Carlosdl all say there’s no way to be sure.
7. Defector asks about switching around a VBScript’s date display, and Kccrosser and CarlosDL both provide solutions.
8. Deathlycake asks how to send a video file to over a hundred emails on a network system without it crashing, and a host of members weigh in.
9. A member asks about the anonymity of wireless cafes, and TomLiotta, MrDenny, KevinBeaver and SiThu weigh in.
10. Geodev asks about 64-Bit Windows OS compatibility issues for developers, and MrDenny responds.