Tick tock, tick tock. What’s that sound? The countdown for the Nexus One Challenge. What? You’ve moved on? Well ask your best questions anyways, get knowledge points and earn good karma for our inevitable* iPad contest at some indeterminate point, you bandwagon-hopper you. In the meantime, here’s our hottest questions from the past week, as tallied by number of people who’ve added them to their Watch List.
1. A member asked which training and certification incentives are cost effective, which received stellar responses from MrDenny, KevinBeaver and HoyleT.
2. A member asked if you can downgrade from Windows Server 2008 R2 to R1. The answer? See MrDenny’s response, and YasirIrfan’s tips.
3. YBA has a project that requires tackling some tricky SQL transaction log file problems, but MrDenny and CarlosDL offer some thoughts and advice.
4. A reader asks for server purchasing advice. Rparamount, MrDenny and MarkHolt deliver the goods.
5. Ksr1234 is trying to find better network monitoring software, and MrDenny, Labnuke99, and KevinBeaver offer suggestions.
6. Lorit ran into a Token Error in iSeries Navigator, and Philpl1jb offers some heartfelt advice.
7. A reader asks for help configuring a two-RAID LUN, which MrDenny was able to help with.
8. We asked you how is the understanding between your organization’s upper executives and IT, and Meandyou, Carlosdl and KevinBeaver shared their experiences.
9. Xue87 is trying to retrieve data from Oracle9i for a SQL server, and MyDenny answers.
10. Stevegs asked what backup/restore product for Exchange 2007 on he should use and TechnoChic and MrDenny share their thoughts.
*Ok, not inevitable, but relatively likely.