Posted by: Michael Morisy
The most-watched IT questions
Once again, we bring you the most-watched questions and more in this week’s update. Have a question of your own? Ask it!
1. Rlino asks how to save file doc, xls, into database sql server 2000 in VB6, which MrDenny answers, with CarlosDL and Vatchy offering some helpful suggestions.
2. A reader asks the eternal question: EVA 4400 vs. EMC CX4 120. Read on for MrDenny’s answer and reasoning.
3. Jdleon woke up one day to find they had no connection to the mail server. Labnuke, MrDenny, and Nnf97 tried to help.
4. A funny thing happened to Wabcan on his way to Outlook 2010 (Beta): His e-mails disappeared. Technochic and MrDenny offered some tips.
5. Sherryborden has a numeric test in SQL that just isn’t working. CarlosDL welcomed her back and helped work through the problems.
6. ReluctantDBA asks about SQL server production virtualization – to do or not to do. MrDenny and 1craig offer some perspective.
7. MxPerry asks 32- and 64-Bit SQL 2005 on the same server. MrDenny offers some good news and bad news.
8. Jobenez asked about a dedicated server to rotate IPs when web browsing; Mrdenny share some thoughts.
9. BusinessAnalysis asks about administrative rights in an application, to which Labnuke99 and Mrdenny offer some philosophical discussions.
10. Attariees asks, as a developer, should they focus on client-based apps or web-based apps, and MrDenny and CarlosDL say both have advantages now and in the future.