This week’s most-watched IT questions have quenched your thirst for SQL Servers, wireless encryption, vSphere, security and knowledge points! See something you can help out with? Give it a click and give it a shot!
1. The most-watched question this past week: Do you have an IT blog or website and want to earn 100 knowledge points? Well, do you?
2. Mr. Denny helped out with SQL Server 2005 maintenance plans.
3. Aguacer0 and Pjb0222 helped out one user with assigned wireless encryption.
4. KALAKAAR had questions about vSphere clusters and Mr. Denny supplied the necessary information.
5. Weboneau was updating SQL Express to SQL Server 2008 R2 on Windows Server 2008 with SharePoint 2007, and Mr. Denny came to the rescue with his know-how.
6. Thanks to everyone who answered the call and shared what brands of routers and switches they trust for home and office wireless networks. Want to see the overwhelming response? Check out the compilation of IT Knowledge Exchange members’ preferences when it comes to wireless networking.
7. New member Kmmc112233445566 kept receiving a SQL Server 2008 restore error message, and luckily Rechil has encountered the same error and could pitch in.
8. Jim4522 was wondering if it’s common for servers to go to sleep often in large server farms; Mr. Denny and MattMather weighed in.
9. One member was wondering how to create security logins for SQL Server 2005 similar to Oracle security logins. Mr. Denny used his SQL genius to help out.
10. Makoe was wondering about using MDF files in his website, and Mr. Denny gave his two cents.