Have a question? Head over to IT Answers and get some help from our community of IT pros. Check out this week’s most-watched IT questions for some great suggestions and solutions to some obstacles other IT Knowledge Exchange members have encountered recently. Enjoy!
1. One question that never seems to get off of people’s minds is what certifications are valuable to have at the moment. Sulaiman, Mr. Denny, Englishguy, Jaideepkhanduja, and Bill 1313 gave some great advice and suggestions.
2. Mr. Denny provided some troubleshooting tips for an unexpected power failure on a Windows Server 2008.
3. Want to know how to setup Active Directory 2008 password complexity? Mr. Denny has what you need.
4. Get some details you might need when considering to modify a swap file on Windows Server 2003 from Mr. Denny.
5. Mr. Denny provides a quick rundown of how to install Windows XP mode on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
6. Don’t fret, Mr. Denny says it should be pretty simple to add a drive to a RAID 5 without destroying the data.
7. Consider database mirroring when replicating a SQL server database to another SQL server.
8. Get a few tips from Mr. Denny, Jinteik, and Stevesz on stopping a DDOS attack.
9. Mr. Denny suggests Load Runner for pre-launch stress testing for your network and file servers. Have any other suggestions?
10. Mr. Denny provides some research on an upgrading path for Windows 2000 Advanced Server to Windows Server 2008 R2.