Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The most-watched IT questions
Got a tricky IT questions? Our members are all over it in this week’s most-watched IT questions. Check them out and pitch in where you can!
1. Yorkshireman, CharlieBrowne, Philpl1jb, and TomLiotta helped a member whose COBOL code is taking too long while AS/400 compares large database files.
2. CharlieBrowne and TomLiotta are helping with a question on AS/400 transactions.
3. We’ve received some great responses from EAJewett, TomLiotta, and CharlieBrowne on what system documentation should look like, but we’re still looking for more! (Earn 150 Knowledge Points for sharing.)
4. Deepu9321, CharlieBrowne, WoodEngineer, Yorkshiremen, Paul102042, and TomLiotta are chipping in on a question about holding a parameter in batch job.
5. CharlieBrowne, Philpl1jb, TomLiotta, and Yorkshireman are trying to help solve a strange problem with locking of records.
6. CharlieBrowne, TomLiotta, Philpl1jb, and Bvining are helping a member complaining that RPG programs filed in D specs are not getting initialized on the second call to the program.
7. CharlieBrowne, Deepu9321, Wpoulin, and TomLiotta help out with an AS/400 level check.
8. CharlieBrowne and TomLiotta discuss RPG advantages and disadvantages.
9. TomLiotta, CharlieBrowne, Bigmac46, and MDratwa gave tips on dealing with a printer that will not release AS/400 files.
10. One member needed a little SQL server help, so Kccrosser and TomLiotta came to help!