This past weekend, Mr. Denny joked that he feels like he’s the only one answering questions around IT Knowledge Exchange. Prove him wrong; share your IT expertise over at IT answers! Sharing your knowledge gets you knowledge points, street cred, and possibly a spot amongst our featured member elite.
1. Mr. Denny, Jinteik, and Stevesz gave some advice on how to stop a DDOS attack without changing IP addresses.
2. Mr. Denny provided a document to help a user find the upgrade path for Windows 2000 Advanced Server to Windows Server 2008 R2.
3. Check out the conversion tool Mr. Denny suggested for migrating a MySQL database to SQL 2005.
4. If you’re setting up a second Active Directory server for backup and load balancing, follow Mr. Denny’s easy how-to.
5. Mr. Denny suggested VMware’s vSphere or Microsoft’s Hyper-V for a dedicated server serving virtual machines; have any you want to add?
6. TheFinder and Mr. Denny pitched in to help a user trying to a run a website on IIS on Windows Server 2003.
7. AndyRLee gave some insight into securing a Windows XP workstation that is open to port 80 and hosting a website using IIS.
8. Mr. Denny provided the simple answer to a user’s inquiry into whether you can run BIOS updates while the system is running and without a reboot.
9. One user’s question has yet to receive an answer! Help him out with his Dimension 4700 thermal events problems.
10. One user needs to be able to locate a client’s firewall in order to remote connect to WIndows Vista Ultimate. He’s yet to receive any guidance; be the first!