Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
when relevant content is
added and updated.
This past weekend, Mr. Denny joked that he feels like he’s the only one answering questions around IT Knowledge Exchange. Prove him wrong; share your IT expertise over at IT answers! Sharing your knowledge gets you knowledge points, street cred, and possibly a spot amongst our featured member elite.
1. Mr. Denny, Jinteik, and Stevesz gave some advice on how to stop a DDOS attack without changing IP addresses.
2. Mr. Denny provided a document to help a user find the upgrade path for Windows 2000 Advanced Server to Windows Server 2008 R2.
3. Check out the conversion tool Mr. Denny suggested for migrating a MySQL database to SQL 2005.
4. If you’re setting up a second Active Directory server for backup and load balancing, follow Mr. Denny’s easy how-to.
5. Mr. Denny suggested VMware’s vSphere or Microsoft’s Hyper-V for a dedicated server serving virtual machines; have any you want to add?
6. TheFinder and Mr. Denny pitched in to help a user trying to a run a website on IIS on Windows Server 2003.
7. AndyRLee gave some insight into securing a Windows XP workstation that is open to port 80 and hosting a website using IIS.
8. Mr. Denny provided the simple answer to a user’s inquiry into whether you can run BIOS updates while the system is running and without a reboot.
9. One user’s question has yet to receive an answer! Help him out with his Dimension 4700 thermal events problems.
10. One user needs to be able to locate a client’s firewall in order to remote connect to WIndows Vista Ultimate. He’s yet to receive any guidance; be the first!