Posted by: Michael Morisy
The most-watched IT questions
Check out this week’s most-watched IT questions for the solutions to your latest IT problems!
1. As the year begins drawing to its close, we want to hear from you in our Open IT Forum: What do you want to see from IT Knowledge Exchange in 2012?
2. Ankit2002 wonders how to pull some unique AS/400 fields when the database is in less than ideal shape, and a host of users help out.
4. Check out one of our entries for the IT Knowledge Exchange script contest from member Carlosdl: IT Scripts compilation.
5. CharlieBrowne, PSMurray, Philpl1jb, and TomLiotta discuss reading only the active records in a flat file.
7. Get suggestions from CharlieBrowne, ToddN2000, TomLiotta, and Yorkshireman on an appropriate RPGIV coding approach for 1 billion records.
8. TrentTheTrain poses a question I’ve come across a few times: How do you explain the AS/400 to the non-technical world? Is it a server … or something more?
9. CharlieBrowne and TomLiotta give some help, this time to a member wondering about a decimal data error in V5R4.
10. One member wants to use DSPSYSVAL to convert the SPLF to Excel.