Check out this week’s most-watched IT questions for the solutions to your latest IT problems!
1. The OS Wars wage on: Newbie Gidid asks whether Windows or Linux is better for a mid-sized bank: MrDenny responds it’s the people, not the platform. Agree? Chip in on the thread.
2. Ankita has a problem with a OPNQRY File, but community input on syntax, style and keywords helped solve it.
3. A member has some questions about upgrading from 32bit to 64bit SQL Server: Fortunately, MrDenny explains the migration is simpler than you’d think.
4. Sedrick was having trouble with Windows Server Event Viewer, but was able to find the root problem which they then shared with the community.
5. A user ran into some Oracle Forms problems; fortunately, Carlosdl had some tips.
7. A member asks about ending batch jobs: The community warns this might not do what they want to do.
8. A member runs into an odd security behavior with Windows User Access Control. MrDenny provides an explanation.
9. An AS/400 program is “blowing up”, but a host of community members try to help troubleshoot.
10. A user is asking for help parsing XML: Kccrosser offer some advice.