Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The most-watched IT questions
This week’s top ten most-watched IT questions are a little bit different, with some questions from our most recent Microsoft Live Chat on SharePoint 2010. It seems a lot of you are keeping an eye our contest announcement that was listed in the forum as well. Keep your eyes peeled for some great questions to answer so you can bump up your Knowledge Points.
1. Raid1 on computer with 2 internal hard disks received a lot of great answers from Aguacer0, mrdenny, Willnottellyou and Petkoa.
2. Aguacer0 and mrdenny helped out again when asked how to reduce or eliminate CHKDSK scan times on large SAN volumes?
3. Our recently featured member Mitrum asked about a live & local NIC problem, and was answered by mrdenny.
4. Dickusvi asked a great Storage in 2010 question about high capacity, off-site data storage needs and Aguacer0 and mrdenny were quick with suggestions for him. Have a suggestion of your own? Chime in!
5. Do you have a suggestion for a business case to upgrade to SharePoint 2010? Don’t be shy, Mshen already weighed in.
6. From our Microsoft Live Chat at the beginning of the month, we covered the eDirectory Authentication in SharePoint 2010. Share your insights into the best mode to use.
7. Can you recommend a large (4TB+) backup solution for a network with multiple MAC OS X machines? Aguacer0 shared what he uses in his environment, what about you?
8. A user’s IBM Netfinity 5500 servers’ motherboard was hit by lighting and he’s trying to recover the data. Have any suggestions?
9. Pennylover was wondering how to get rid of DNS lookup errors and got some help from mrdenny.
10. Our last one isn’t a question, but it did make the list this week: Our new contest! The best way to earn Knowledge Points to get ahead in our contest is by answering questions. Start with the ones above for a great headstart or our list from Friday (worth 50 points per answer!).
Have a question of your own you need answered? Head over to IT Answers and ask away!