Browse this week’s most-watched IT questions for some approved answers, and some chances for you to save the day. What questions have you been keeping your eye on this week?
1. ErroneousGiant isn’t so erroneous with his approved answer for forcing Windows users to choose random passwords. Mrdenny makes a cameo with a helpful tip as well.
2. Bobkberg gave several reasons a Dell PowerEdge 6800 drive in array could be corrupted.
3. Check out Davidmichel’s step-by-step guide to restoring a backup from BrightStor 12 server.
4. Darryn, Rglide03, and Spadasoe have some tips on blocking access to an internal file server based on IP address.
5. Mariodlg gave some steps to try if you encounter errors when mounting USB drive in Ubuntu.
6. One member is still waiting for help slipstreaming Windows Server 2003 R2 installation disk.
7. Guardian has provided a link for more information on creating a new domain user in Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
8. Any telephony pros out there who can help a member with prerequisites before deploying a VoIP solution?
9. Is it possible for Active Directory to automatically install printers?
10. Mrdenny has a simple explanation for adding last login and login machine to Active Directory.