Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
when relevant content is
added and updated.
This week’s most-watched IT questions have great pointers from our members on security policies, VPN, and file restores. If you’re looking to revamp your password policy or want to ensure a secure client connection, check out these great IT questions and their even greater answers.
1. Mariodlg, CharlieBrowne, Yorkshireman, and Jinteik gave some pointers to a member looking for password policies that are effective but not crazy.
2. RamseyB gave a good rundown on the relationship between Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008.
3. Carlosdl gave one member’s Oracle package script his best shot.
4. CharlieBrowne, TomLiotta, Philpl1jb, and Yorkshireman pitched in to help a member compare files in AS/400.
5. ErroneousGiant and Jinteik gave a member some ideas for defining security policies for OU.
6. Yorkshireman, CharlieBrowne, Batman47, and TomLiotta worked with Jedlasquite to help restore System 38 file to iSeries V5R3.
7. Guardian had a few questions before offering tips on safeguarding a VPN between two Windows Server 2003.
8. ErroneousGiant offered a suggestion for rolling back Windows Server 2003 in bulk to a restore point.
9. Danial had a suggestion for VPN hardware to connect to client sites.
10. ErroneousGiant, Guardian, and Mrdenny gave pointers and suggestions for alternative options to a member wanting to force Windows users to choose random passwords.