Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The most-watched IT questions
This week’s most-watched IT questions come with a couple bounties, so get to answering some of our unanswered questions. Thanks to everyone asking great questions, keeping an eye on them and answering them! Keep up the great work and you could be nursing that new summer sunburn indoors with an Xbox 360 Slim.
1. Eabouzeid was having a bulk insert problem in SQL Server Management Studio 2005 and Mr. Denny helped him figure out the problem.
2. For Storage in 2010 last month, we were wondering if anyone used StarWind iSCSI for production network and what they had to say about its reliability and performance. Mr. Denny and Aguacer0 chimed in; how about you?
3. Azdavid99 was wondering how to create a network between five local locations. Mr. Denny came to the rescue with an answer and 9948 also discussed the question.
4. Bulldog98 asked a great question for last month’s Storage in 2010 about improving the performance of multiple databases & LUNs in SQL Server 2005. Back up Mr. Denny and see if you have anything to add to the discussion.
5. Jimg spurred a great discussion with this one: Considering MS Exchange 2010 but I’m getting mixed advice from Microsoft Exchange Online help and my MS reseller. Join Technochic, Mr. Denny and ITKE in giving Jimg some advice.
6. No one’s provided a suggestion for software to allow arbitrary apps to share arbitary data amongst themselves. Any ideas? There could be 50 Knowledge Points in it for you. (Get ahead in our latest contest for two Xbox 360 Slims!)
7. RockAmadeus was wondering about possible reasons for Outgoing TCP Connections to Port 25 (SMTP) From Random TCP Ports on a PC with no Email Client Running. Mattmather, Carlosdl and Mr. Denny weighed in.
8. Davewaltonuk was looking for SQL Server 2008 Code to find fields containing similar text. Have anything to add to Mr. Denny’s answer?
9. No one has answered one user’s question yet: Is there any configuration on Cisco router to enable it to respond to ARP from IP source 0.0.0.0? Another chance for 50 Knowledge Points!
10. Do you know the Best Practices for Updating Windows Server 2003 Patches? ODSTech asked and Jinteik and TheITProjectBlog answered.
If you answer one of the bounty questions, shoot me an email to be sure I see it!