Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The most-watched IT questions
Remember as you peruse this week’s most-watched IT questions that just because there’s an answer doesn’t mean your two cents aren’t welcome. See something you want to weigh in on? Give it a click and share your thoughts! Inspired to help some other lost IT pros? Head over to IT Answers and build up your Knowledge Points along with your Karma points!
1. RickMartinez and Mr. Denny helped us out trying to figure out how to restore a SQL .bak file over the existing database.
2. People are still paying attention to what Mr. Denny, Carlosdl, Batye, Radyair and R3boot have to say about the additional benefits of having a 64-bit OS over a 32-bit.
3. Trying to keep up with the times, we requested some suggestions for a modern replacement for AS/400. Wpoulin, TomLiotta, Philpl1jb and WoodEngineer weighed in. Have any ideas?
4. Mattperrini was looking for companies that are developing the next generation of mobile security and encryption. EmNichs gave him some suggestions, but Mattperrini is still looking for up and coming companies for a possible partnership. Have any suggestions?
5. Mr. Denny, Radyair and Jinteik came to Jimk’s aid with his inquiry about getting the security update for SQL Server 2005 SP3 to work on his Dell running Windows XP.
6. Have any follow-up help to Mr. Denny’s suggestion for the best way to back up a SQL Server 2008 database?
7. Safekom333 needed help with a Microsoft SQL Server error that he was receiving. Mr. Denny, the SQL Server doctor, helped him out, but Safekom333′s still waiting on follow-up help.
8. Mr. Denny and Carlosdl had some great ideas for migrating from Microsoft applications to Oracle. What do you think?
9. KarlG suggested we boot to safe mode with command prompt to launch the system restore GUI when running system restore from command line on Windows Server 2003.
10. Carlosdl and Radyair provided some great resources and general specs for the inquiry regarding the maximum memory on a 64-bit operating system?