Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The most-watched IT questions
This week’s most-watched IT questions are chockfull of great suggestions and advice from some of our top members. If you’re the asker of one of these questions and your problem was solved, be sure to approve the answer and pay the knowledge forward.
1. Spadasoe and mrdenny helped out a member trying to consolidate 5 or 6 physical servers into one.
2. Spadasoe, TomLiotta, and mrdenny gave suggestions for adding an expiration date to optical disk.
3. Batye, Jinteik, and mrdenny suggest setting the group policy to lock down the USB and optical drives on Windows Server 2008 R2.
4. Wondering what the typical life span of a Windows Server is? Mrdenny, Jinteik, and C007 have some suggestions.
5. Wondering which is better: Microsoft App-V or Citrix XenApp? Mrdenny and Mortimer1 gave some in-depth responses.
6. According to mrdenny, profiling traffic associated with virtual machines is similar to physical machines.
7. Mrdenny has some suggestions for VMware environment backup solutions.
8. It’s a sensitive transfer when a new IT manager comes on board, and Mitrum, mrdenny and C007 have some good ideas.
9. Migrating stored procedures from SQL Server 2000 to 2005? Mrdenny can help.
10. Mrdenny gave a member suggestions on editing a document in SQL Server 2008.