This week’s most-watched IT questions are virtualization heavy. Have your own desktop virtualization question not covered here? Head over to IT answers, but don’t forget to tag it desktop virtualization.
1. Spadasoe and mrdenny suggested virtualization for a member trying to consolidate 5 or 6 servers into one.
2. Mrdenny, TomLiotta and Spadasoe gave a general “Sorry, that’s not gonna happen” to a member wanting to add an expiration date to optical disk.
3. Mrdenny gives a simple solution to an inquiry about profiling traffic associated with virtual machines.
4. Mrdenny gave a meanwhile backup solution for VMware environment.
5. Mortimer1 cast his vote for the best solution for deploying Linux virtual desktop.
6. Mrdenny laid out three great options for a member asking about recursive association with compound primary key in SQL database.
7. Want to lock down the USB and optical drives on Windows Server 2008 R2? The consensus from Jinteik, Mrdenny and Batye is to create a group policy.
8. Jinteik, Mrdenny, and C007 gave some great feedback for a member wondering about what knowledge to transfer when transitioning between an old IT manager and a new one.
9. Wondering what the typical life span of a Windows Server is? Mrdenny, Jinteik and C007 don’t suggest reformatting or reinstalling (i.e. If it’s not broken, don’t fix it).
10. Cast your vote alongside Mortimer1 and Mrdenny: Which is better, Microsoft App-V or Citrix XenApp?