This week’s most-watched IT questions show the great value of community, with questions resulting in compelling collaboration and discussion. Check out some of the links below to see where you can contribute or benefit from the knowledge of your peers. Enjoy!
1. AS400novice has everyone on board helping him figure out why the AS/400 backup job is submitted but not running. Check out what Rudedog, CharlieBrowne, Splat, TomLiotta, Znason, OldSysAdmin, Lovemyi, and Batman47 all had to say about the predicament.
2. Mrdenny does what he does best, helping out a member connect a third party to SQL server through firewall.
3. Anyone else have pros and cons of under the floor a/c in a data center to add to StevenG7 and Batman47’s list?
4. Here’s another group discussion, this time on online help program in RPGLE. The players: CharlieBrowne, TomLiotta, and Philpl1jb.
5. Need pointers on standard practice for servicing UPS in a data center? Check out what StevenG7 and Batman47 had to say.
6. Carlosdl has a few ideas for how to get a list of all apps installed on domain workstations in a Windows Server 2003 environment.
7. One member is still wondering how to prevent users from installing Flash through SonicWALL or Barracuda. Can you help?
8. Mrdenny provides a great link for converting XML data into tabular form in SQL Server 2005.
9. Check out some pointers on Visual Web Developer 2010 Express, C#.Net licensing.
10. Can you help a member use the SQL Server BCP utility password?