Posted by: MelanieYarbrough
The most-watched IT questions
Here are this week’s most-watched IT questions for your perusal. Help out where you can for knowledge and karma points!
1. Ever wonder how to go about blocking cell phone activity or wireless broadband cards from within your server room? EmNichs, Mr. Denny, Mpez0 and Aguacer0 have provided some pointers on things to consider when making this decision.
2. We can always count on Mr. Denny to give great insight into any SQL Server problem including this one: Importing large sets of Excel 2000 data to SQL database.
3. David2009 came to the right place to find out about incremental backup in SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express; Mr. Denny provided the approved answer.
4. Jaymz69 needed to know how to figure out who has locked the AS/400 program. Adamwkiuk2002 and Philpl1jb provided answers, with Phil’s earning approval.
5. Mpez0, Aguacer0 and EmNichs gave pointers on blocking USB drives or any removable media on an Active Directory network.
6. Thanks to Aguacer0, EmNichs and Mlwehking for their help setting up a distributed file system on Windows Server 2003.
7. Jsql and Mr. Denny are hard at work conversing and getting to the bottom of Jsql’s high disk usage on SQL Server 2005.
8. Mr. Denny assured Lorisj33 that it is indeed acceptable to run SQL Server 2005 and 2008 on a cluster in production.
9. Have anything to add to Eddy’s search for an ASP web page database?
10. Cls is receiving a Microsoft retail management system and SQL Server “Write” error. Do you recognize them?