Here are this week’s most-watched IT questions from IT Answers. Catch up on what you missed from the Microsoft Live Chat or add your two cents to the suggestions from our IT Knowledge Exchange pros. Just because there’s an answer or two doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear what you think!
1. Technochic, Aguacer0 and Mr. Denny helped us out in trying to figure out the best tools to scan outgoing classified information in Outlook and Exchange 2003.
2. Thanks to Technochic, Aguacer0 and our very own EmNichs for chipping in on assigning home drives in a Windows 2003 Active Directory network.
3. A user wondering if they could disable system restore on their Windows Server 2003 found out from RichS that it’s a client OS feature.
4. If you missed the Microsoft Live Chat, check out this question and answer from the chat: Uninstall previous AV products for Microsoft Forefront installation.
5. Aguacer0, Mr. Denny and EmNichs got involved helping us out with setting up a secondary DNS server on Windows Server 2003. Add your own tips!
6. It can get difficult juggling user licenses, and EmNichs and Aguacer0 lent a helping hand managing Windows Office licenses for a 400-person company.
7. Find out the system requirements for Forefront threat management 2010, also from the Microsoft Live Chat on July 13th.
9. Do you have any additions to Spadasoe and Vwdaddy’s suggestions for open-source software to monitor a 40-computer network?
10. Find out the differences between Microsoft Security Essentials and FCS from the Microsoft Live Chat on July 13th.
Have a question of your own? Head over to the IT Knowledge Exchange forums and get it answered right away!